House rules for your visit to the Embassy of the Free Mind
- You must be in possession of a valid entrance ticket (day pass or annual pass).
- Please leave your coats in the cloakroom.
- Phoning, photography, filming, videotaping and audiotaping are not allowed without permission.
- Eating and drinking is only allowed in our café.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- You only have access to the public areas on the ground floor and the first floor.
- Please act respectfully towards the museum staff, other visitors and the building at all times.
- No animals allowed.
Rules for consulting books
- Books must be consulted in the reading room on the first floor.
- You may use your own laptop. Wifi is available throughout the building.
- You may take books from the open shelves but please make sure to you put them back in the the exact same place.
- Writing in books or damaging them in any way is strictly forbidden.
- You are not allowed to take books out of the building. The staff may ask you to inspect your bags when you leave the museum.
- Please apply by e-mail two days in advance to consult pre-1800 books or manuscripts. You will need to sign a form for this.
- You must adhere to the special regulations laid down in the form for consulting pre-1800 material.
If one of these rules is not respected, employees are authorized to request visitors to leave the premises or, if necessary, to call in the police.